Our Accessibility Statement - Brills Farm
Our aim is to cater for the requirements of our guests within our home based 3 bedroom bed and breakfast. The following accessibility statement sets out our provision in brief. We would be delighted to help answer any questions or queries.
• We can be contacted by telephone or e-mail - details are set out below.
• There are photos of two of the bedrooms on our website and the dining room
• The website shows an example menu of the meals provided
• The main line train station is 12 minutes drive away in newark. There is a taxi rank out side.
• The local train station is in Collingham 3 miles away. Taxis need to be pre ordered from here.
• The nearest bus stop is in Collingham 3 miles away
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There is ample parking in our private gravel driveway with good turning space.
• The driveway is accessed and exited off a very quiet country lane.
• Guests are always offered assistance with luggage
• The main entrance to the house is accessed down both a concrete and gravel path, with 3 steps down.
• The house is entered through the front door with 2 shallow steps up and over the threshold
• There is security lighting on the path and parking area at night
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• The main entrance is through the front door straight into the entrance hall/dining room
• Guests are given an orientation of the ground floor rooms and are guided to their bedroom with facilities explained
• There is a handrail to one side of the staircase to the 1st floor
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• The entrance hall / dining room has an oak floor with antique rugs.
• The stairs landing and bedrooms have fitted wool carpets
• All bathrooms ahave tiled floors
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• The drawing room has a fitted wool carpet and a rug
• In the drawing room are two large comfortable sofas with wall and lamp lighting and large sah windows looking out on uninterupted views.
• All bathrooms are ensuite on the 1st floor
• There are no ground floor WCs
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
• The dining room is furnished with a large antique dining table and guests eat together at this table.
• The chairs are large upholstered and without arms
• There is an open fire place which is lit in the winter months
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• All bedrooms have double beds and the blue room can be used as a double or twin
• There is antique furniture in the rooms and both lamp and overhead lighting
• All rooms are equipped with kettles tea trays bicuits and bottled water
• Fresh milk is provided
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
• The bathrooms are all ensuite
• The Blue and pink rooms have both bath and showers with the showers overhead in the bath
• The cream room has a large walk in shower with a small step over.
• The are extractor fans and windows in all 3 bathrooms
• The showers are all powered
Grounds and Gardens
• This is a working farm surrounded by sustantial acreage
• The are big lawns running downs to the cropped fields and views in every direction
• There is easy access to woodland walks through the gardens and farm.
• We can accommodate both dogs and horses in outside facilities. We do not accommodate dogs in the house.
• There is livestock on the farm, and the farm labrador dogs are loose in the grounds but very friendly
Address: Brills Farm
Telephone: 01636 892311
• There are plans for continual improvements to the gardens, landscaping and car parking
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback on our accessibility statement to help us continually improve if you have any comments please contact us
Tel: 01636 892311
Download a copy of the statement on PDF